Top Five Reasons to Choose JPSM
The Joint Program in Survey Methodology (JPSM) has educated generations of survey methodologists and data scientists. Join us!
1. Graduate success:
- Graduates have a 100% job placement rate and work at top companies and organizations (e.g., Meta, Westat, Census Bureau, World Bank)
2. Faculty includes top scholars in:
- Data collection methods
- Data science and machine learning
- Questionnaire design
- Sample design
3. Tailored curriculum:
- Students can choose one of three focus areas:
- Social and Psychological Science
- Statistical Science
- Data Science
- Blend theory, practical skills, and hands-on learning
- Learn from University of Maryland faculty, associated faculty from the University of Michigan, and Westat
4. UMD is a top ranked school:
- UMD is ranked #3 in the nation in Social Sciences Research Funding.
5. JPSM is a designated STEM program.
Learn more: Academic Programs